What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Service, information you give us and information we collect from you automatically.
Information You Give to Us
We do not require you to provide any information directly in order to access our Services. However, you may be asked to provide details such as name, email address, and physical address when you undertake the following actions:
- Registration for an account on the Services
- Responding to an offer on the Services
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile
- Participation in surveys, promotions, contests, and/or sweepstakes offered by ShermansTravel
- Signing up to receive alerts or other information via email, text or instant message from ShermansTravel
- Request for customer service or other assistance
- Service related communications, e.g. account verification; technical notification
- Participation in communities, chat rooms and comment threads, other fora, and other interactive services
- Submission of content or other data and information on any part of the Service that permits it
- Any other place on the Service where you knowingly volunteer personal information, such as when you place an order, upload content, or provide your e-mail address
Information We Collect from You Automatically
When you interact with the Services, we may collect certain information about your use of the Services. Generally, we automatically collect and store the following categories of information:
- Device information about your computer, browser, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Service. This information may include IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and browser language
- Additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, some features of the Sites may not work or may not work as designed. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
When you interact with us through a social media platform, such as by clicking on a social media icon (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Pinterest) linked from the Services, we may collect the information that you make available to us on that page, including your account ID or “handle” and other information about your posts. We will only collect and store such information that we are permitted to collect by the terms of service and privacy policies of these social media platforms.
Combination of Information Collected from One or More Other Services
We may use your information that we collect from one Service in combination with your information collected from one or more other Services or in reports and analysis, all of which are owned and operated by ShermansTravel, and we may combine personal information gathered from your use of the Services into a single customer record or analysis or report. We also use and/or combine information that we collect off-line or we collect or receive from third party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your customer records.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use your information to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Service and in the following ways:
- Send you the e-mail subscriptions and other material you request
- Communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries or provide you important announcements about our Services
- Upload your content to our Service as you request
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us (including service related announcements) and send you information about features and enhancements on our Service
- Communicate with you about your comment to a community
- Personalize content and experiences on our Service, including providing you advertising, reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Services
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
To Whom Do We Provide Your Information?
Business Partners and Third Parties
We have third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, push notifications, storage, bandwidth, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to your information that they need to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of your information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering your information in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Service.
We may also use or disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Service; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Service or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Service or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
What Steps Are Taken To Keep Information Secure?
Information collected by our Services are stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Although we try our best to safeguard your information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, ShermansTravel, its clients, affiliates, or its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and user content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
What Happens When I Link To or From Another Website?
For Users in the EEA and Switzerland
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies.
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing information: As explained above, we process information in various ways depending upon your use of our Services. We process information on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreements; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
Individual Rights: If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with Personal Information prior to accessing any records containing your information.
- The right to access. You have the right to obtain information about our processing of information and a copy of your information that we store.
- The right to rectify your data. You have the right to request that we update your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request data erasure. You have the right to have your information erased from our files if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict or object to our processing. You have the right to restrict or object to our processing if we are processing your information based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your information for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your information for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
- The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with your data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
Changes to This Policy
ShermansTravel E-mail and Text Communications
E-mail communications and text messages sent from us or through us are designed to make your ShermansTravel experience more efficient. By providing us with your email address or phone number, you specifically agree to accept and consent to receiving e-mail communications and text messages initiated from us or through us. Standard text messaging charges applied by your cell phone carrier will apply to text messages we send. If you do not wish to receive any of our e-mail communications or text messages, please opt out by following the "unsubscribe" link in the footer of any of our emails, and choosing the appropriate options or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of ShermansTravel who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. While ShermansTravel will endeavor to honor the choices you make with your devices that access our Service, our Service is not designed to respect your browser’s Do Not Track signals (or other well-established, commercially available mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of information).